Monday, May 20, 2013

Baby Sweet Potato & Mango, Weeks 18 & 19!

The little one is growing more & more every week and it's exciting to know all the movements he/she is doing.

Week 18
  • 5.6 inches long and around 6.7 ounces
  • Baby Sweet Potato can yawn, suck his/her fingers, swallow and has hiccups
Week 19
  • 6.0 inches long and about 8.5 ounces
  • Working on her/his 5 senses and developing a protective coat around his/her skin

Special Cravings: Fruits, string cheese (OMG! so good) & Chick-Fil-a chicken biscuit with honey.

Symptoms: Pregnancy brain fog, leg cramps (no fun + they are in the middle of the night) & the use of the restroom 24/7

Belly Button: Still in the process of becoming an outie

Books: What to expect when you are expecting

Baby Movements: YES! He/she is an active baby, just like his/her daddy!

Queasy: Soy milk & raw chicken

Best Moments: Feeling the baby move, next week I have my prenatal anatomy ultrasound & I started reading 'Mi Libro De Historias Biblicas' to the baby. My parents got me the book a week after I was born (almost 28 years ago) & it has a beautiful message inside so I felt it was appropriate for me to use the same book.

As I mentioned, I have my prenatal anatomy ultrasound next Wednesday and I'm feeling anxious and excited to see the baby.  For this ultrasoundt they will do the following:
  • Your baby will be measured from crown to rump (and what a cute rump it is!), around his/her middle, around his/her head — and that's just for starters.
  • The four chambers of the heart will be viewed, as well as the kidneys, bladder, stomach, brain, spine, and sex organs
  • Measurements are taken from this special ultrasound during pregnancy to make sure your baby is growing appropriately
  • A survey of the organs, including the umbilical cord, ensures that they are developing normally
  • The sonographer will also be looking at your amniotic fluid levels, the location of the placenta, and the fetal heart rate.
Everything sounds so exciting! I was told the ultrasound would take about an hour but to be prepared and stay an extra one, just in case.

*Information was obtained here *

Baby Sweet Potato


Baby Mango


 
 


1 comment: