Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Nursery Ideas

I must say I've been "lazy"--if that's even the proper word to use--when it comes to decorating the nursery. We are in the process of moving so I really can't do much other than get ideas. Finding the right color, decor style, pictures, toys, frames, etc has been fun and we are fortunate enough to have a convertible crib (which was a gift).  Daniel loves baseball so we decided to incorporate some of that style into the nursery but still be able to add my personal style as well.

As far as color goes, we want something that will be a good transition as Lucas gets older. Google has been my BFF when it comes to looking up ideas and I found this amazing website OnToBaby.  As I was looking around I came across these two nurseries and I love the colors (I also love the idea of putting the crib in the middle).





The crib.


I decided to use my old dresser and my amazing dad will be painting it for me (I will put a before & after picture later on) But this is the style that I'm going for; brown on the top as well as the handles and the rest can stay white.



I'm using my grandfather's old rocking chair (which will also be painted by my dad) and my grandmother will be doing the cushions for me. (I will post a before/after picture). I'm currently looking for an ottoman and here are a few that I've liked. 



As far as decor--we would like to implement baseball but in a vintage style. I found pictures frames (instead of planes I would put baseball images) and I would add shelves to place toys & books.

  

I also have a bookcase that I would like to paint white and add more toys/books for Lucas. I'm a big advocate when it comes to books and I want Lucas to read and use his imagination as much as possible (of course the books will be in English & Spanish) And I couldn't resist this adorable red wagon!

 

Baseball mobile and bed sheets.

       


These are just some of the ideas that I currently have and I'm sure as time goes by I will add/remove things. 

1. Nursery
2. Vintage Nursery (both photographed by JHenderson )
a. Color
3. Crib 
4. I'm not 100% sure where I found the image--but I'm sure it was Google
5. Dresser
7. Ottoman
9. Shelves
11. Bookcase (Blog by Megan :Honey We're Home--her blog is amazing!)
12. Red Wagon (Blog by Megan :Honey We're Home--her blog is amazing!)


1 comment:

  1. Love your ideas for the nursery! Really cute! :)

    ReplyDelete