Sunday, December 1, 2013

Lucas Birth Story

October 6, 2013 I was 39 weeks, it was that day when I felt Lucas was going to be joining us. I went up to Daniel like around 10:30 pm and told him "Babe don't freak out but I think my water broke!" We called our doctor and he recommended for me to go to the hospital. We grabbed the hospital bag and we took off. At this point I felt extremely calm and extremely happy that Lucas was finally coming. The rash & the heavy load of my belly was becoming a bit too much for me so I was anxious to meet our little guy.

Once we got to the hospital they sent us to the triage room and they measured me and told me I was only 4 centimeters dilated but they were going to contact my doctor to see if I should stay or go (Oh & by the way my water did not break--the doctor actually broke my water and it felt NOTHING like what I had in mind.) After almost two hours of waiting the doctor finally decided that it was best if I stayed and they were going to induce me. 

I was moved to a delivery room around midnight and at 7am the doctor came, broke my t water and contractions started immediately. i must applaud every single mother out there who is able to deliver w/o an epidural because i broke down and i needed the doc ASAP! such a tremendous amount of pain but i knew at the end it would all be worth it.

at 12:00pm i started to push (i pushed for 3.5 hours) and at last our baby was born. he was 9lbs!! for those that know me i'm a pretty short & small gal' so having a baby this big was such an accomplishment for me lol! as soon as i held my son i couldn't contain myself and tears just came down my face! it was such an emotional & surreal experience.

now we are a party of three and i'm loving it.


































 photo 4CF9A06773599780A28F7751F6C666D4_zps919960a9.png

No comments:

Post a Comment