Thursday, August 22, 2013

El Baby Ñoño

Today's post is dedicated to my dear puÑoño.  I've had him for over five years and it was one of the best gifts I've ever received. He is a very sweet but shy dog and he was diagnosed with epilepsy. When we moved Daniel and I were beyond happy that we were able to bring him with us, that way he can start getting use to the new place as well as the fact that we are expecting a baby.  But anyway my story as a point. When I got home yesterday one of my neighbors told me she saw Ñoño outside. She tried going after him but he got scared and ran. He got hit by a car, rolled on the street and ran towards the train tracks. She went after him but was not able to catch him. I tried my best to be calm about the situation because any stress causes contractions but I was not that successful. I started crying and thinking about my poor Ñoño getting hit, rolling on the street, running around and being scared. I called animal control to see if anyone had picked him up but they didn't have record of him. It was honestly one of the saddest situations I've been in because I love this dog so much. 

My concern was not knowing how hurt he was and if he was even alive, that honestly broke my heart. The neighbors were kind enough to go look for him and I thank them dearly for doing that.  I called Daniel, my mom, animal control crying. About 20 minutes later I received a phone call from a girl saying she had found my dog. Aside from the tremendous relief I felt I was also concerned how hurt he was. To my surprise she said he looked GREAT just very tired. I went to pick him up and sure enough he looked exhausted.  We gave him a bath and put him in his bed. He seems to be doing better but I'm sure he is still tired, scared and sore.  I'm just happy to have him back and to know that he is doing well.

                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment